Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday!!

Today was quite the stressful day at church. Emily has NO desire to sit reverently in church even with a variety of toys and snacks. My cup of snacks didn't work because I ran out of goldfish this morning and threw in some cherrios to fill it up. Emily happened to see some goldfish at the bottom and begins chucking the cherrios on the floor in attempt to get the yummy goldfish.

She wasn't very loud during sacrament, however she was failing herself all over the place and kicking her feet. Even though she may be too young to understand, we are trying to not let her play when we take her out of the chapel. So we continued to wrestle with her out in the hall.
Hopefully as she gets older, we can bargain and bribe her to remain still. Until then, I need to figure out something to entertain her.

After sacrament, Emily was out in the hall playing with this huge pink stuffed pig that Meg brought for the young women. Emily loved this thing-- she loves everything soft and pink! At one point, she was standing on it while pulled up to a table, so Meg tried to move the pig out from under foot. Since Emily is not so sturdy on her feet, she fell down and got a cut under her nose. It turned out to be a tiny cut, but Emily was screaming and I ran her to the bathroom (this was my first experience with blood!) We got her all cleaned up and calmed down and then he saw her Daddy and she started screaming again. This girl is a drama queen! Meg felt horrible and gave Emily a ton of candy in attempt to get on her good side again. I am pretty sure that worked.

I think I am ready for my Sunday nap after all this!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Rough day...hope you got your nap in! Cute, festive background. Have fun with Ash, I wish I could be there too!!