Saturday, April 9, 2011

Week 1

The first week home home was definitely a blur, but luckily I took a few pictures so that helps me remember.

First Bath
She actually screamed the whole time.
(She screams during diaper changes too!)




I love her hair after a bath - short, spikey, monkey hair! 
Some friends said she has hair just like Andy -true!

Lots of cuddles and kisses after bath time




Sweet Sisters



It has been so cute to watch the girls bond with Abby, especially Emily. She LOVES Abby. I always find her talking baby talk to her. She always wants to hold her. She picks out her clothes and helps change diapers. Such a good big sis!

1 week old!
We went to a few doctor's appointments this week. At one appointment a boy threw up in the lobby and Andy was NOT happy about Abby being there among the germs. While talking to a lactation consultant, she realized Abby had a short lingual frenulum (tongue tied), so the doctor came in and cut it. Then we had to get her blood drawn to test her jaundice. Abby was great despite getting cut and pricked! We went back a few days later and her weight gain is looking great.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Ah yes, the first week...always a blur!

I'm kind of surprised about the tongue-tie thing. My boys are a bit tongue-tied, but nothing was said about cutting the attachment to fix it. Interesting!

p.s. She's a doll!

Erin Marriott said...

I love all these pictures! I had so much fun catching up on all the posts since you've been home! Abby is such a beautiful baby! And how cute are your girls with their new baby sister?! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys! And yes, the first week (or month :) is always a blur!