Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend Update

We have had a really nice weekend... Friday night Emily and Simon had a date at the Seafood restuarant at the Famer's Market. Actually both of them and myself brought along Chick-fila (but Emily did seem to like Andy's shrimp). Anyways, most of the time Emily and Simon just played in the rocks and ran around the picnic tables and then up and down the Farmer's Market. They always have fun together.



Saturday we got up and went on a walk. I have been trying to walk every morning before it gets too hot. Emily enjoyed having Daddy along with us this time and playing with him at the park. (We always stop at the park for Emily to play and for me to catch my breath!) Then later in the day, we washed our cars. As you can see from the pics, Emily really got into the car washing and had a good time. I am trying to load a video of it, but it is not working for some reason.


When I was getting ready to take her in, I took off her bathing suit to rinse it and her off. Somehow the nozzle got stuck and water was still spraying out of it without me holding it. Emily was in heaven. It was on the mist setting so just a light mist of water was coming out. She was screching and giggling while spraying it in her face. It was hilarious.





















After that, we decided to reward her for being such a good sport while we washed the cars and get her some FREE ice cream they were giving away down the street. I told her we had to get ready to go get some ice cream and i have never seen her so excited. She definitely knows what ice cream is. She was running back and forth to Andy and I screaming "Ice Cream! Ice Cream!"


Since Andy loves taking advantage of free things, he insisted she get her own. I got her a push up that she loved. She sat very nicely on the kitchen floor and ate the whole thing. The sad thing is that Andy saved half of his and ate it after dinner. Once she saw him eating it, she ran and sat in that exact spot in the kitchen yelling "Ice Cream." Unfortunately she didn't want any of Andy's and we didn't have any ice cream in the house to give her. Lucikly I found some fruit chiller thing that kind of resembled ice cream, so she was happy for that.


Sunday wasn't as great because she woke up with a nasty cold and runny eyes. We went to church but kept her out of nursery. She has been in good spirits today, but she just looks so pitiful with her glossy eyes and red nose.


And one more thing... Emily has started to say her own name. I love it!!! I make her say it over and over again because I think it is so cute. I am going to try to get it on video tomorrow. It is so cute, because she says "Emmie" instead of Emily.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute that she says her own name now. What a smart cookie - sitting in the same spot so she can have ice cream again.

Nana said...

I love the backside shot of Emily. She is wearing those braclets while washing the car. How cute!

Kory said...

hey! it's the Willifords!

come visit us at korkor345.blogspot.com

kdegney said...

suzanne! it has been such a long time. me and kristi short were just emailing about you. i have an old pic of us three on my facebook page from my 5th bday. what is your email address? What a cute family!!

Kim Rogers (from Pine Knolls) Degney
kimrogers28@juno.com

Jen said...

Hey Suzie-Q! Long time no talk to! Are you still in Raleigh? Your little girl is adorable!

Carolina Chocolate said...

Hey guys! It's funny that you posted on our blog today because I just found yours as well. This is a very long overdue hello. Sorry! I know Shelby filled you in, but we need to catch up. Love the blog. You guys look great and Emily is such a cutie!! So much to talk about!
~L