Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pig Pickin'

Recently we went to a good ol' pig pickin' at church. Andy helped cooked the pig and he loves a good pig pickin'. In fact, he wants our girls to have a pig pickin' as their wedding reception. I am not sure about that, but we have a long time to fight that out. :) Little Sarah has already been to 2 pig pickin's in just her short 8 months here. She will be a country girl for sure!r
For all you non Southerners, here are some pictures of how the pig is cooked for a pig pickin'. After it is cooked, it is chopped up with some sauce (vinegar sauce is my preference) and I eat mine on a sandwich with some cole slaw. Mmmm... I am already ready for another one!


1 comment:

Katherine & Steven Reppe said...

Suz, the pics of the pig are disgusting ;-) but I do miss me some BBQ soooo much! Can Andy cook us a pig when we're home in Sept?!