Monday, July 6, 2009

Smith Mountain Lake

Time to catch up on my blogging...


A few weeks ago we went to Smith Mountain Lake with my family. My sister Ashley decided to quit her work with my brother's in law company since she is expecting her 3rd baby. So I took over her job and we got together for a training session. It was a great excuse to get together and play as well. The house we stayed in was awesome and the kids loved running around chasing each other. We didn't have the best weather, but had one fun morning playing in the lake.

Check out Emily going down the slide into the lake! She caught us all by surprise and went over to the slide without us even saying anything to her. She is usually very timid and doesn't like to try anything new or adventurous. However I am learning if we don't pressure her or ask her to do something, she will just go and do it all on her own...sometimes.

We also had a special treat and all got on the boat to go out to dinner. We were definitely over the # of people recommended for the boat, but since the majority were under the age of 10 we didn't hit the weight limit.



One bad thing about the trip was the Andy didn't get to come with us.... however his ONLY set of car keys were in my car!!! Of course, I didn't see them in there until I was unpacking the car. This was especially bad since he had jury dury first thing the next morning. Luckily, his was able to borrow an extra car from someone at church. We are thankful for the generosity of others. They sure saved the day!

No comments: