Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dance Recital

The girls had their dance recital a few weeks ago. They were pretty excited about it, however I was nervous about Sarah doing OK backstage. I was afraid she would get upset when I dropped her off and then not make it out on stage. Thankfully, I was wrong and she did AWESOME! She did cry when I dropped her off and they said nobody could calm her down. Finally they went and got her teacher and she held her right at the curtain while she watched the other classes perform. Then Sarah got excited and said, "My turn. I want to do that. I want to go on stage." I was so happy when I saw her on stage. She was so cute smiling and dancing on stage!

"Who Let the FROGS Out?"










Emily also did great.
 Considering she is usually pretty shy, it surprises me that she doesn't get nervous about going on stage. She  told me she was just going to smile a "little bit" on stage. I was laughing because I could tell she was holding back a smile as she came on stage. She performed a ballet, then tap routine.


Ballet- "A Dream is a Wish"









Tap - "Baby, I'm a Star!"







Trophies... Roses...Dance Charm Braclets

Nana and Aunt Sharon came to watch.

So proud of our dancers!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

First of all, the girls look beyond adorable in their costumes. I love the picture of Sarah with her hands on her mouth. I miss your girls (and you), by the way. And second of all, who is that guy dancing with Sarah's group, 'who let the frogs out?', I had to crack up at that!

Glad it worked out for the girls though!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh, I LOVE these pictures!!! And how cute are their dance costumes?!! It looked like they had a ball up on that stage! LOVE the frog outfit! And I was also cracking up, at that guy on stage, lol! That's funny stuff! The girls have their dance recital coming up in a few weeks, and I'm a bit nervous for Alli! There's just no telling what she'll do at this age! So seeing Sarah up there gives me hope :) I miss you girl. I need to call you. And I miss our mall days! Okay, maybe I don't really miss the mall, but I miss you :)

hapi said...

Hi Suzanne, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Shawn said...

So cute. Reminds me of the lovely costumes I used to wear. I hope to be a mom in the stands one of these days. What fun memories you will ALL have!