Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Myrtle Beach

Andy took a few days off before Memorial Day weekend, so we decided to make a last minute trip to Myrtle Beach. (We actually went a few days before the weekend - before the rates went up, because we are cheap like that.)  I haven't been there in quite a long time, so it was interesting to see how things have changed.  However some of the old spots were still there so it was fun to reminisce about some good times there. But I do know that I will NEVER let my daughters walk up and down the strip after 9 pm and I am surprised that my BFF Shawn and I survived our trips down there as teenagers. :)

Anyways, the girls were very excited about staying in a hotel. They got to jump on the beds, eat late night snacks and breakfast on the balcony and stay up late watching Scotty win American Idol!


However they weren't too keen on sharing a bed and I had to put a pillow in between them to cut down on the fighting!

We got upgraded to an Oceanfront room - Sweet!

The girls love the beach. Emily loves the sand and water... Sarah just loves the sand!

Emily and Daddy always have fun running through the waves together.



Sarah made lots of castles and never put one foot in the ocean!

This was Abby's first trip to the beach. She enjoyed laying out with me and even took a dip in the ocean!



The hotel had a great kid play area. Sarah, of course, was a little hesitant at first, but eventually enjoyed herself. We just let her go at her own pace.


I love this picture of Sarah talking to Andy. You can just tell by her eyes that she loves her daddy!

Emily is getting to the point where she can walk around and play without me feeling like she needs to be within an arm's reach. It is hard thing letting go sometimes.
At night we enjoyed dinners out and walking around Barefoot Landing and Broadway at the Beach. Sarah followed Emily's lead and wanted to go one ride. She *almost* made it the entire ride without tears.
It was such a nice vacation for our little family. Since Emily has an amazing memory, I know she will remember our trips and fun things we do together. It definitely makes it all worth it.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love how little Abby slept in the bassinet on the beach! What a perfect idea! Your girls look so big to me, can't believe how much they have grown up!

Shawn said...

Okay, so where is your bikini? My Suz, you are getting old. I bet you didn't even get a temporary tattoo on your ankle. What is the world coming to? lol.

Erin Marriott said...

What a fun trip!! Sounds like you guys had such a great time! I love all the pictures! It's those fun beach trips your kids will remember. Your girls are so precious!