Monday, April 14, 2008

18 months!!!

I have seriously been neglecting my blog lately. I do apologize, but a broken laptop, having to teach Gospel Doctrine (adult Sunday school) yesterday and Emily boycotting her daily nap are all to blame. To catch everyone up....

Emily is WALKING!!!! She started taking some steps 2 weeks ago and has been doing just a little each day, but not too much. However she woke up on Saturday and just started going! I think it helped that last week she was wearing shorts since it was so nice outside and she didn't really enjoy crawling on the sidewalk. Her poor legs are still scratched up. Occasionally she will crawl around the house some, but it is crazy to turn around and see her walking into the kitchen. She is pretty good at it and rarely falls down, so that is good.

Today she is 18 months! We went in for her check up today and she weighed in at a whopping 19lbs 2oz. She is such a skinny thing and her weight is still not on the chart. However the doctor is not worried since her head and height are in the 50-75 percentile. She may recommend for us to see an endocrinologist when she is 2 years old. Until then she said to completely quit giving her juice (to prevent her from getting full on juice and not eating) and give her lots of butter, breads, cheese and pasta. Which sounds like a pretty yummy diet to me... of course, watch me gain all the weight and not Emily.

She also has really started talking and babbling a lot lately. She repeats a lot of what we say when we tell her to say someting, but never really says it again. I am going to start keeping a list of new words she says on her own off to the side of the blog.

Other than that, we have just been enjoying the beautiful weather last week and hanging with our neighbors Katelyn and Laura. Emily and Kately get so excited when they see each other and screech and wave their hands all around. Yesterday Andy and I were talking a walk with Emily and walked past Katelyn's house. Emily recognized that it was their house and started waving and yelling Hey. It was the cutest thing!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeah!Did you take her to Nursery this week?

Did Emily get a haircut? It looks like it in the picture.

Jennifer said...

She is the cutest thing! I am so glad she is walking so well now! You will be getting plenty of exercise! Come by to see us again soon!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.

HAWAIIAN SIMPSON FAMILY said...

I THINK WE HAVE THE SAME TASTE IN CLOTHES. MIA HAS THAT DRESS TOO :)

KRISTY