Saturday, April 5, 2008

Beach Trip

So I haven't posted in awhile. Unfortunately my laptop is out of service due to a broken power cord that I haven't replaced yet. I always blog while watching TV at night and haven't been able to without my laptop. This week Emily and I went to thebeach for a few days with my Dad, Leslie, Layni and Miki. Here is a slideshow of some beach pictures:



It was a little cold, so we didn't get the ocean. We did walk in the water one day, but the next day Emily wouldn't put her feet down in it. We attempted to get in the pool, but it was too cold for me. I just held Emily on the stairs and she kept trying to put her head face first down in the water. I thought kids were scared to do that??!

Layni was such a good playmate and Emily had a blast with her. She even learned to say her name and was yelling it from the top of the stairs trying to get Layni to come play with her. She did some good walking while she was there, but hasn't done much since we got home. It obviously helps to be around other kids. Hopefully going to nursery in 2 weeks will be good for her!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like you a had a fun trip. So sad we couldn't make it too. Layni and Emily look so cute and grownup in your pictures.

How funny that Emily's real FIRST visit to a beach was to a CA beach!

HAWAIIAN SIMPSON FAMILY said...

i love that green striped shirt you got Emily. Kalea has the same one and so does Kaitlyn Schoenfeld! We all must have really great taste!!

Nana said...

What a fun time! It is really neat that a trip to the beach doesn't take days of driving. So glad Miss Emily is enjoying lots of family.

Lindsay said...

Yes we do all have great taste! Seriously though, little Emily is such a beautiful girl. And look how big she looks like walking around--I love it! See you in a few weeks!

Shawn said...

Ahhh...beach trips. This one looks lik eit was a bit more tame than the ones we used to go on, but probably alot more fun! Cute pictures.