Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Friends

Emily has had A LOT of friend time lately. On Saturday, our neighbor Katelyn came over while her mom had a yard sale. The girls made a huge mess in Emily's room, but had a good time. Emily threw a cloth over Katelyn's face when I told them to hug... Emily thought she was pretty funny. Katelyn's mom brought back our bassinet they borrowed for Aidan and the girls enjoyed sitting in there... too cute.







Then Saturday afternoon we went to Costco with the Boney's and back to their house for some yummy burgers on the grill. Emily and Simon are so good together and let us parents just totally hang out and not have to worry about them killing each other. Emily gives Simon an "over the shoulder eye batting" look and takes off running. He, of course, chases after her - which is the point. This goes on for awhile. I think this "look" worries Andy. Hopefully she will never turn around and start chasing the boys!


Today Kaitlyn from church came over while her mom and dad spent some quality time with her new baby sister in the hospital. It was so cute to hear Kaitlyn call after "Emmy." We got a table from the Boney's and the girls played there the whole time. Emily has been at this table since we got it on Saturday, however I never got a picture of the girls playing there today.
Shortly after Kaitlyn left, 2 other kids from church came over while their mom went to an appt. The little boy is 9 months and was not happy his mom left. I thought Emily would get jealous of me holding him but she was really good. She would walk by and tickle his feet. There was one rough moment where Emily got hurt, so both her and the baby were crying, but Emily was able to pull it together. I felt like I was really able to talk to her and reason with her and she understood I couldn't hold her right then.
Needles to say, Emily and I both took good naps today after everyone left. I don't get to do this very often so it was very nice. And I had already had dinner taken care of, so that made things much easier when we woke up. By the way Tine, the ribs turned out great. So yummy... Andy loved them.

No comments: