Sunday, September 14, 2008

29 weeks

I haven't really posted much about the pregnancy, but there is not really much to post. Everything is progressing normally. I will be 29 weeks tomorrow. My last appointment was 2 weeks ago and had to drink the "yummy" glucose drink, but passed the test. I have gained 17 lbs and am measuring right on schedule. I go back next week and think I have to get the Rh negative shot (in my bum) then. Then I will start going every 2 weeks. I feel like I haven't really had many appointments so far but I guess that will change as the countdown begins.
Andy has to go Asheville the first week in November and has convinced me to go too. It will only be for 2 nights and he is reassuring me that they have hospitals in Asheville in case I go into labor. I double checked with my doctor and she thinks it will be fine and suggested an internal exam the day before I left just to be on the safe side. I haven't decided if we are going to take Emily or not. Andy thinks it would be a good early anniversary trip for us since we will definitely not be going anywhere with a newborn, so he wants to leave her home. But I am probably more attached to Emily these days than she is to me, so we will see if I can do that.


My friend Michelle gave me these adorable goodies for the new baby. Aren't they the cutest? There is a pink/green soft blanket with tags, a pink/green diaper and wipes case, a bib, pink/brown burp cloth and then a pink/brown snuggly with tags (my favorite- pictured by itself on the right). I am so lucky to have such a talented friend. She has got some stuff for sell on Etsy
Thank you Michelle!
However I started to panic when I got these because I realized this baby was going to be here soon and we have done NOTHING to get ready for her. So today I made a list of things we need to be doing. Thankfully this list is much shorter than the one we had to get ready for Emily. Hopefully we can get these things done BEFORE she arrives.





6 comments:

Jennifer said...

You look great! I can't believe you only have 11 weeks left! Be sure to come by again before Sarah makes her debut!

Lindsay said...

You look beautiful--as always! I love your little belly. It was fun seeing you today. That little Emily just cracks me up! Hope you can make it on Monday. Talk to you soon!

Nana said...

My baby is having another baby! It is exciting! I really can not comprehend it yet. I am so glad you are feeling well. Miss Emily has become very independent lately and that will help when Sarah Beth arrives.

Jen said...

You look amazing! 1I wish I looked that good right now! Sarah will be here before you know it. We'll have to get together sometime soon!

Sarah said...

Suzanne--you look amazing! Not much longer to go!
Have a great time in Asheville...the weather will be nice there!

CharlotteWintersFrye said...

Suzanne,
It's Charlotte Winters Frye, Andy's old buddy from Winston. I found your blog site today while my Kindergarten kids were napping. Love it! I read that you guys will be in Asheville in November. We are only 40 minutes from Asheville and we would love to see you guys. By the way, Mission Hospital in Asheville is fabulous. I had my 22 month old son,John Thomas there. Our second boy, Levi Wesley Frye is due January 1st. You would be in excellent hands in Asheville.
Just email me at rcfrye@bellsouth.net if you, Andy, and Emily would like to try to meet us for dinner.