Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Good With The Bad

First the good news...
Sarah is sleeping through the night!!! I know I am pressing my luck by blogging this, but we have had over a week of at least 6 - 8 hours a night and more recently 8 - 12 hours. Yes, one night I feed her at 8 pm and then not again until 8 the next morning. I am in shock and one happy momma. Well, I would be a happy momma except...

For the bad news....
Emily has suddenly become afraid of the dark. She cries for the light to be on when she goes to bed at night. So we started leaving a lamp on for her and then turning it off when we go to bed. However last night she woke up at 4:30 screaming for the light. I was able to calm her down and get her back to bed. However an hour later she woke up again crying. This time I just brought her in bed with us. Even though I do not want it to happen every night, it was kind of nice to have her cuddle up next to me.

Wish us luck tonight!

4 comments:

Nika said...

You lucky thing! My nights are still a big blur that end with Max next to me in bed.

Tom and Jane Schell said...

You know, Emily is probably feeling a little anxious because she hasn't seen her Uncle Tom in a long time... Don't worry Emily, Uncle will be back soon:)

Tom

Erin Marriott said...

That is awesome that Sarah is sleeping through the night!! And as for the 'afraid of the dark' thing, Lillie did the same thing. We had to 'vaccuum' the monsters every night with her toy vaccuum! That was fun today, we love our little joyschool group!!

dawkinsfam said...

Zane has slept with his light on through the whole night for probably a year now...We tried a night light and then the shadows freaked him out.