Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bahamas Cruise - On the ship

Andy's family all got together for a cruise to Bahamas last week! Andy's parents treated all of us, so it was very nice vacation. I was a little nervous about leaving the kids behind, but I left them in the hands of my awesome sister, Ashley and my mom. They did great and had a wonderful time with their cousins. Thanks so much Ashley, Chuck, Nana and Aunt Barbara for looking after the girls. It was definitely a real vacation to not have to worry about the kids! You guys are the best! To read about the girls fun with their cousins, click here!

The cruise went out of Jacksonville, FL. So we drove down a day early and stayed the night with my college roomie, Courtney. Her hubbie was out of town, but it was so nice to spend time with her and her girls. They are just adorable! I wished my girls had been there to play with them... maybe next time.




Thursay morning we got on the ship! It was amazing to see how big a cruise ship really is. It was huge!


Here is a pic from the inside of our ship and a look into our room.


Every night we did dinner and then went to the show. The shows weren't spectacular, but they were pretty funny sometimes.

Friday - Day at Sea: Ate breakfast, walked a mile on the track, went to a fitness seminar, laid out on the deck and then ate lunch. During lunch Andy told me I had a massage in 30 mins. Say what??! Naturally, I didn't believe him since he is so cheap! However after 20 mins of going back and forth, he finallyy gave me the appointment card and I ran down to the spa. It was a 50 min massage and 25 min facial. The massage was awesome! It felt so good. It was very relaxing and I almost fell asleep since the ship was rocking me back and forth. Pure heaven! Thanks for the birthday present!
After that we hung out by the pool and went down the slide a few times. Andy and I were like kids going up and down the slide over and over again. :)

That night was the Captain's Dinner. We got all dressed up and enjoying a yummy dinner and show.



The whole family dressed in their finest!

3 comments:

Tom and Jane Schell said...

I'm jealous!... Andy never got me a massage like that!

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad to see some pics from the big Bahamas vacation. You really lived it up while you were there--massage, dressing fancy, talk about 5 star treatment! It's good to have you back to reality with us though.:)

maria said...

This are very good pictures and
it seems that you have enjoyed
alot there. In which room did you stare.
bahamas cruise