Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Parade

I signed Emily up to be in the Christmas Parade with her dance studio. It was a cold, rainy morning and obviously not the most ideal situation for a parade, but we gave it a go anyways. Fortunately the float was a train theme and had a nice cover over the girls. I walked beside the float and Andy and Sarah watched from the street.







Emily "survived" the parade, but was really not happy about it. She never smiled, never waved, never yelled Merry Christmas, never threw any candy but thankfully never cried. At the end when I got her off the float. She said "I am wet." I think the plastic cover she was sitting on shifted from under her. Even now if you asked about the parade all she will say is "I got wet!"

So maybe we will hold off on the parade until she is old enough to be a part of the dance rountine. There was really a great turnout out of dancers that did a cute Christmas routine throughout the parade. And we actually won "Best Overall" award!

No comments: