Sunday, December 6, 2009

Fire Station Tour

This week I was in charge of the joyschool activity. However I am the best at putting things off until the last minute, so the only place that doesn't need much notice is the fire station. Unfortunately Emily was not excited when I told her where we were going. She said, "I CAN'T go to the fire station. I scared. The man scare me." She was referring to the last time we went and the guy put the whole suit and mask on.

She actually had her hands covering her eyes as we walked into the station. She finally loosened up some and we had a good time. The fire fighter was really good with the kids (and the moms since we were asking all the questions.)



After showing us all the trucks and tools, he started to put on his suit and Emily jumped into my arms.... and the siren goes off. He had to run off to a call at Walmart where a lady was in labor. Seriously! Very dramtic exit!


1 comment:

Erin Marriott said...

Good job on planning this one, Suzanne! I thought it was such a great activity! Lillie really enjoyed it.