Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving and etc

"Real life" hit us as soon as we got off the cruise ship. Our car wouldn't start twice on the way down, and then again on the way home. We are lucky we made it to Florida and back! And I am also lucky to have a frugal husband who likes to fix things himself instead of paying someone else. Turns out it just needed a new $40 sensor replaced. After taken care of that, we had to get ready to host the Morris family for Thanksgiving.

Besides getting ready for Thanksgiving we also had to celebrate my birthday. Not really much of a celebration on my part... who wants to celebrate getting older and older??! However my birthday was perfect - spending time with my husband and girls. Emily really wanted me to have a cake... with Sleeping Beauty on it, of course. However she was also happy with a chocolate lava cake at Chili's. Yum!






I was really bummed about not having my sisters and mom to cook with forThanksgiving, so I let Emily stay up late to help me cook. She was so happy, however she only lasted through the pumpkin roll and then she was off to dance around the house. Don't you love her "Lowe's" apron... she really needs a cute one! (hint, hint, Tine!)







Unfortunately, we forget to take any pictures of my pretty table and yummy spread of food. But here are some "after pictures.



I had to get right to bed after everyone left, since Lindsay, Erin and I were meeting at 3 AM at Target for Black Friday. I think the real reason it is called "Black" Friday is because it was pitch dark outside when I left the house. And it was COOOOOLD! I just kept thinking about how tired I was going to be that I forgot to wear layers and thick socks! However we had a good time and were giggling all morning (when we weren't shivering) and it was a very successful morning! Lots of fun, girls!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow, you really did have a lot of food! How nice that you were able to spend it with your family. And black Friday was quite the adventure. I'm so glad I got to be there with you & Erin, good times!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh my goodness I have not been on your blog in so long! I had so much to catch up on! And yes, you guys did have a ton of food!! How fun, I'm so glad you were able to spend it with your family. And how bout our Black Friday?!! I'm so glad we did that!!