Thursday, April 15, 2010

B-E-A-C-H

After a weekend at my mom's, the girls and I headed down to the beach to stay with my dad and Layni for a few nights. The water was way too cold to swim in, but it we had fun just hanging out on the beach.

I love the picture of Sarah so concerned about the sand stuck to her hands.





For some reason, Layni and Emily were quite entertained with the mop and broom on the back porch.



The second day on the beach, I brought out a few utensils from the kitchen in the beach house for the girls to dig with. I know it is ghetto, but it was much more peaceful than trying to share 1 shovel.

I think my dad was really embarrassed about the kitchen utensils, but he didn't have any room to talk considering....



.... he was bundled up under multiple towels on the beach. I guess he has "thin skin" and couldn't handle the chilly wind off the ocean. :)



The best part of the trip was spending time with Grandad. See him texting on the beach.... I think he texts more than I do!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sarah and her sandy hands is so funny.
Dad is such a goof-"thin Skin", really?

Lindsay said...

Your dad knows how to text?? That is awesome! Looks like a great time at the beach. We are looking forward to seeing you guys on Tuesday!