Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Benner Cousins

My sister and her family stopped by for a night on their way home from the beach. As always Emily and Sarah loved all the attention from their cousins. Sarah especially loved getting pulled around the kitchen floor on a blanket. Emily loved having a "slumber party" with Afton and Leah in her room. She was jumping from her bed to the trundle bed. I told her it was time to settle down and go to sleep. She said, "No Mom! It is a slumber party. You jump, not sleep!" I really need to find out who told her that!! They are in trouble!




Tine and I rented a chick flick while the boys went and saw a movie. Of course, we had to put the kids to bed too and didn't even get the movie started until right before they came home. Not fun for Tine and I... Todd and Andy are the worst people to watch a chick flick with!

Then Dad and Layni joined us the next morning for breakfast. Layni fits into the mix perfectly!
As a side note, Christine and her boys were in a car accident yesterday. Everybody is OK. Christine ended up with burns, scrapes, sprained wrist and is very sore. Not a scratch on the boys. I am so thankful they were being watched over, however it really makes me put everything in persepective and never take a moment for granted. I love my family so much and so thankful to have them.

1 comment:

Erin Marriott said...

Wow! I had so much to catch up on here! I love all your lake pictures, sounds like you guys had a blast!! And the cow pics!! How did you make those?? I am so impressed! You'll have to tell me what you did!! And Beauty and the Beast...first of all, I felt so bad that we couldn't go with you, we would have LOVED to go. Second, I am so sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted it to!! And Emily is just the sweetest little thing, I just love that girl. I'm sure you were excited to have a one on one mommy date with her, though. We should do a combined mommy/daughter date and take our older ones out. Love all the pictures! And congratulations on your new grass! It's beautiful!