Sunday, March 20, 2011

Abigail Kate Morris

The night before
At my appointment on Friday, the doctor agreed to schedule my induction for the next day. Another doctor had previously said he would induce me at 39 weeks due to my fast labors. I had to kind of beg the doctor I saw on Friday to go along with it, but he did. So my mom came up Friday night and Andy and I squeezed in a date night and got packed up ready to go to the hospital the next morning.

My appointment was schedule for 7:30am, however I was supposed to call to make sure there was room for me. Unfortunately when I called, they said they were all full. What??! I was not expecting that. She had me call back at 9:00 (still full) and then again at 12:30. Thankfully she called me back at 2 and said to come in at 3:30. Finally!



Getting settled
Waiting for an epidural
We got checked in and in our room by 4:00 pm. Everything was very relaxing and laid back since I was not in labor yet. Our nurse was great and we chatted with her while she got me all hooked up. Dr. Bass came in and him and Andy tried to convince me to not get an epidural. He agreed with Andy that everything was going to go super fast and I would be able to handle it since I didn't have an epidural with the other 2 girls. I was sure I wanted an epidural this time. At 5:30, Dr. Bass came in and broke my water. He wanted me to have 2 big contractions before I got the epidural. Those 2 contractions came quick and HURT. Andy ran out to get the nurse so she could page the anesthelogist. He came up quickly and got things going. The epidural started to take effect and I knew it was already time to push. After 3 pushes she was here!



 


 




Abigail Kate Morris
3/19/2011
6:25 pm
7lbs 2 oz
20 inches

5 comments:

Kory said...

wonderful! congratulations!!!

Carolina Chocolate said...

Oh my goodness!! Congrats on such an easy delivery...again! She's beautiful. We're so happy for you guys.

Erin said...

Yea! She's here! Congratulations!!

Allison said...

Congratulations! She's a beauty!

Amy M said...

Yippee! She's finally here. I'm glad things went well for everyone. What a cutie! Did all your girls have so much hair as newborns? Can't wait to bump into your family of five at church.