Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Festival

A few weeks ago, our town had a fall festival. We always enjoy it because it gets us in the mood for the State Fair. Emily loves to ride the rides, so we started off with the merry go round.


Then she was all ready for the roller coaster. She has done this ride plenty of times, so we thought it was no big deal to let her go by herself. As you can see, she was very excited...

Until it started moving! Look at her face...doesn't it break your heart??! Poor thing! The ride was extremely bouncy and jerking. Since she has always ridden with one of us, she would just bounce off us but feel really secure with us in the seat. This time she thought she was going to fall out. I wanted to cry every time she passed by me and yelled she wanted to get off. Finally, the ride ended and daddy made everything all better.

And she was ready for the next ride. Andy and her love riding the ferris wheel together. I love watching them way up high just chatting away and pointing things out to each other. 




Sarah preferred to just watch them from down below- on solid ground!

 However Sarah did want to ride the motorcycle ride.
Afterwards, Sarah said, "That was fun!" and Emily said "That was really boring!" Ha!

Abby was such a good baby - either asleep or happy!

Andy did this motorcycle simulator. I am not sure what it is supposed to do, but I am pretty sure he choked!

The highlight of the day was meeting the cast of Lizard Lick Towing- the pride of Johnston Co. If you have never watched the show on TruTV, you should. That is some high quality redneck obnoxiousness!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Well I'd say you guys made out well for that day. Got to meet a celebrity and all. :) Sarah cracks me up, Olivia is the same way about watching from afar. ;) And how adorable is little Abby in that hat?? I could eat her up! Emily looks so old to me. When did that happen?? You have beautiful girls, my friend!