Friday, March 7, 2008

Standing




We are getting closer... Emily is now standing by herself! She is still really nervous when she does it and her legs still shake, but she gets this cute goofy look on her face. She will do it on cue when we say, "Stand up." Then she starts laughing and clapping and falls down. Please excuse the bad hair days we were having when the pictures were taking. The first picture shows how her hair falls straight down into her eyes. Andy wants to cut her hair, but I refuse and just pull it back during the day, hoping that it will grow long enough to tuck behind her ears. As you can see in the other pic, I did try to put rollers in her stick straight hair, but it just turned out like a big mushroom.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Her goofy smile is pretty cute. I love the festive background and the pic of Emily on the right. Is she peeking through her crib.

Nana said...

Yeah! Yeah!Yeah! Little Emily is standing! I'm coming to see her next Saturday just so I can see it for myself.....About the shaggy hair......Remember how pleased Ashley was when Leland finally got a "real" haircut per Nana's suggestion?...Just a thought.

Jennifer said...

Emily is still a cutie pie even with the curlers! Glad you were able to stop in on Monday!

Anonymous said...

Look at her! That's awesome!! Goooo Emily!
Avery's hair does the same thing too....I almost broke down and cut it the other night, but luckily Steven stopped me :-) We can get it in a pony tail in the back now!! oh...the small things :-)