Friday, June 27, 2008

Baby #2

We had our ultrasound yesterday. I was so happy (and relieved) to see a beautiful baby with a healthy heartbeat. Emily kept pointing to the screen saying "baby" the whole time. We also did the 4D ultrasound. It was really cool to get an amazing view of everything going on in there. Andy counted to make sure she had ten toes and fingers. That's right, I said "she." We are having another girl!!! We couldn't be happier. Here are some of the pictures. Granted, I am only 17 weeks, so the baby is looking like a little skeleton, but it was still neat to see her squirming around in there.

Emily is getting all ready to be the big sister. She says "sista" a lot. We are pretty sure about the name for this little girl... Sarah Elizabeth.

We will probably call her Sarah Beth and Emily is so cute when she says "Sarah." I love it.

7 comments:

Christy said...

Yeah, it's a girl! Emily is going to LOVE having a sister. (And you don't have to buy new clothes...or at least as many.) Congratulations!

leah said...

That's FANTASTIC news!!!! The name is perfect!

And might I say that Miss Sarah Beth is a strikingly beautiful little skelaton. :)

Sarah said...

Wow, Suzanne. I'm kicking myself for not keeping up with your blog. First: yay!!! a baby girl! And I'm so happy that you're considering naming her after me! Just kidding. But, really, Sarah Beth sounds pretty. I love the ultrasound pictures...so cute and creepy at the same time...just the way I like things. Second, thanks for posting the picture of us at the graduation party. It was really great to see you. And thanks, too, for publicly recalling the awful night of the sweatpants and Star Trek cancellation. Ahh, those college mini-breakdowns...what would we have done without them. Third, I'm digging the haircut. Fourth, I wish I could have been at the "college girl" reunion! Katherine just told me that Erin is pregnant, too (as well as being the same old Erin). I guess I'm sort of behind on this having-babies thing. Might have to work on that one soon, but I have this feeling it could be a bit difficult with me and Patrick living in separate cities next year. That's if I'm right about how babies are made. Fifth, KIT. It should be easier now that we are "friends."

xoxoxo,
Sarah

Tom and Jane Schell said...

I voted right! I am so excited for you. Having two girls first is great, they play together really well most of the time. You will love it. I'm so glad your pregnancy is going well.

Laura said...

COngrats guys! We are so happy for you! Suzanne--you are such a cute prego!
Love, THe Bells

Chapman Family said...

I an so happy for you!! I know how nice it is to see a healthy baby :)
I can't wait to meet Sarah Beth

Jo said...

Congrats! Emily will be a great big sis! I love her name!