Saturday, June 7, 2008

Emerald Isle Vacation

We are back from our vacation! We went to Emerald Isle for the week with Andy's family. We rented a oceanfront house and crammed 11 adults and 8 kids in the house. Overall, it was a nice trip and we enjoyed spending time with the family. Unfortunately, Emily was horrible! And since I am her mom and love her beyond words I am allowed to say this. She wanted to be held the WHOLE time! The few times she got off our laps or out of our arms, she would scream hysterically if we walked one step away. She would not let anyone else hold her or anywhere near here. Granted there was a lot of people there and lots of bigger kids running around, so I think she was a little intimidated. Maybe she warmed up by Thursday, but not a whole lot and that was the day we left anyways. At home, there are various time when she gets really clingy and wants me to pick her up. I try not to pick her up and let her get over her fit by herself, however I didn't want to do torture everyone else with her 10 minute crying fit.

My favorite thing to do was lay out on the beach (and I have a lovely sunglasses tan line to prove it!). We also went the NC aquarium one day. Emily really enjoyed that and was walking from tank to tank pointing at all the fish. Another day we took a ferry to Cape Lookout to see the lighthouse. The ferry was actually a small speedboat that was very bumpy and got some people soaked, but Emily really enjoyed the ride and playing around the lighthouse. We also went to Beaufort and shopped, went to the Maritime museum and ate lunch on the waterfront.

We took a TON of pictures, and I added a slideshow with only some of them. But there are still a lot.



As for Emily, my plan is to actually start leaving her every once in awhile. My mom and Andy's aunt are going to start coming over to watch her while we go out. I think it will be good for her to form relationships with them and for Andy and I to go out.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Your pictures were cute. I love the ones of Emily in the ocean. You can totally see your tan line on your face in some of the pics.

abhau Family said...

Funny! I had the same thought when I was looking at Emily's pictures.... hmmmm ;)

Shawn said...

How fun, but I know what you mean about your kid deciding to act like a complete booger the one time you take her to hang out with faimly. Lovely! Emily is so cute--I LOVE her haircut! And of course, you look gorgeous. Your pictures on the beach made me think of some years gone by. Where was your painted on tattoo?

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Don't you love the separation anxiety stage! I am in it right now too, having just arrived in Utah. Amberly is completely shy with everyone and Wesley only wants me all the time. YIKES! I can totally relate. I don't have your e-mail address with me out here, but if you will e-mail me I will e-mail you Tom's address back. I just don't want to post it on a blog for everyone to see.