Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Andy!

Sunday was Andy's 32nd birthday. Man, that is old! Luckily, he doesn't seemed to bothered by his old age. :)



Emily had been very excited about his upcoming birthday. She asked every night last week, "Daddy's birthday in morning? Daddy blow candles?" Finally the day arrived. We started off the celebration by blowing out candles in our waffles and Emily giving her card to him.
Then my birthday present to him was getting myself and the girls ready for church on time! (This never happens)
His actual birthday present was a brand new bike we picked out on Saturday. Because of his old age, he has been having some knee problems, so he thought a bike would be a good way for him to exercise without hurting his knee. :)

Emily wanted to make a pink cake for Daddy.

Then the Boney's and Andy's parents came up for dinner and cake. We had a fun time, but I can't even explain all the chaos that was going on. Let's see... first the birthday cake and glass dish that was cooling on the stove exploded all over the kitchen when I turned on the wrong burner. Luckily the girls were napping so no one got hurt by the flying glass. In hindsight, I wish I had taken a picture but I wasn't in the mood to take a picture. Andy nicely pointed out that this has happened before. (I had to make another cake- that was not pink)

And then we lost Emily while the boys were watching the kids outside. I found her in the front yard (she wasn't lost for long).

Then Simon and Emily were running into the kitchen snatching hot dog bites and then running back to the bedroom while squealing. Meanwhile we are yelling for them to stop running before they choke.

Then Simon pulled a full pitcher of lemonade off the counter and spilled it on the floor.

Then Sarah knocks over a glass of soda while sitting in the Bumbo on the table.

Despite all the madness, the grilled steak and veggies were delicious. And cake #2 turned out OK and made for a yummy strawberry shortcake.
Let's just say I was TIRED at the end of the night... and will be buying Andy's cake next year. Happy Birthday Babe!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I've had the glass dish explode once at Barabara's house for the same thing. We put a dish of lasagna on the hot stove plate that we did not know was on.

Sounds like he had quite a "fun" birthday.

Carolina Chocolate said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a memorable day! Andy, I thought of you last night when I heard "Lady In Red" on the radio. I couldn't help but laugh as a flood of memories came rushing back. Good times. ;)