Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentine's Day

Once the girls got back from their trip to MD, I decided to ease up on my bed rest. The girls were sick so I didn't want to spread their germs amongst all their friends, so I kept them at home and tried to just "take it easy."

Valentine's Day was the first day I had the girls all day since the bed rest started. Whew! It was a little rough. I don't think I fully realized how much work they require. Every time I would sit dow to "rest", somebody would need something.

I did manage to whip up some pink heart pancakes for breakfast though!



I was planning on making a heart shaped pizza for dinner, but Andy suggested bringing home Lonestar instead. Sounded good to me.

I did give the girls a few Valentine's gifts, however I felt bad about not getting Andy anything. The bed rest situation kind of hindered my ability to get out and get him anything nice. However because of bed rest, I have put little miles on the minivan and not spent any money at Target in the last month. That was probably the best Valentine's gift I could give him!

Despite all the "work" my girls do require, I loved having them home and spending my days with them. They make me so happy.

My hubby also makes me happy. He has been working so hard lately to take care of me, the girls and the house, while teaching seminary and putting in extra hours at work. He is such a hard worker and always gets the job done. My mom spent the night recently and was surprised that the house was clean when she woke up because it was pretty much a wreck when she went to bed. I told her that I have a sweet little "elf" that always cleans up before bed. Thanks babe!

1 comment:

Carolina Chocolate said...

You guys are awesome. You know, I voted for Kate on your poll, but I thought I could go back and vote again for Abby. I like them both!