Friday, October 30, 2009

Birthday Party

Last weekend we had a joint birthday party for the girls. I figured it would be easier to just have 1 party since their birthdays are so close together. They might be opposed to this idea when they are older, but it was much easier for me.
I decided to have a halloween themed party... complete with plenty of orange and black, pumpkins and ghosts. The kids wore their costumes and looked really cute.
We started out with craft time and decorated foam pumpkins and their goody bags.




Then we moved on to a bean bag toss game and a cake walk.



Had a little break in action and ate lunch.
This is probably where I should note that I am so grateful my mom and sister Ashley came. Ashley made all the food and was "working" the whole time during the party. The kids ate nuggets, carrots, manadrian oranges. And Ash made a great chilli for the adults. My mom had decorated the house.

After lunch was PRESENTS! Emily definitely understood presents this year. She was begging to open them the minute the kids started to arrive. She just torn into all the presents. We will have to hold her back on Sarah's actual birthday and let Sarah get a chance to open her own presents from the family.
Then we had a ghost "cupcake" cake. I didn't really do this either. My mom took care of decorating the ghost. I did make the cupcakes though.




The big 1 year old! (almost 1... she has a few weeks left)





I tried to get some pictures of the kids in their cute costumes, but you know how that goes..





And here is me and 1 of the birthday girls. Emily was all over the place and wouldn't sit still for a picture.

Thanks again to my great sister (and her husband) for making the drive down here. Emily loved having her cousins at her party and I definitely NEEDED Ash here. She was a life saver. I had everything planned out and organized in my head and had bought everything I needed, I just needed someone to pull it all together for me. Oh, and she put together the cute little headband for Sarah's outfit. Too cute.
Thanks to our friends that came over to make it a special day for my girls. We really appreciated it and Emily just loves all her friends and was so excited to have them all over for her party.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It was so much fun to be there.