Sunday, May 2, 2010

Gardening

As Spring approached, I really wanted to get into gardening this year. I got Emily some new Dora gardening gloves so she could get excited about it too. Can you tell that she loves them??!



As it turned out, our next joyschool activity was about gardening too. Each kid got to plant a flower in a pot and also a seed in a little cup. Emily loves water and looking at her flower each day.





I got a bunch of flowers to go in front of our house. After 2 hours of attempting to plant them all and yelling at the girls to stop stepping on the flowers, I gave up and left it for my mom who was coming that afternoon. She did great... thanks mom!








And to really kick things off, I planted a vegetable garden! I probably wouldn't have done it, but a friend gave us 3 garden boxes and this special soil mix she made. Our ground is full of too many rocks, so having this soil should really help the garden. And Emily has been a great helper and loves to water the garden with me, however she has sprayed me a few too many times!


I am hoping for a summer full of fresh vegetables!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I still can't believe how hooked up you got by Jamie. You guys are going to love having your own garden.

And next time your mom is at your house, could you send her up my way?? I need some flowers planted around the yard. :) She is so sweet to help you out! I wish my mom lived around here.

Shawn said...

Wow, that looks so awesome. Good for you! we're trying our hand at garden boxes this summer too.

Kathryn Palmer said...

Can't wait to see how your garden grows! We are doing our first garden too!
Do you teach joyschool with a group of mommies? I am thinking about doing this with Joseph.