Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baby Update

So I got some unexpected news at the doctor today. I went in for my 34 week checkup and he did an exam since I mentioned some cramping at night. Well, I guess the cramping is actually contractions. I never really had any with Emily so I don't know what they feel like. Anyways, I am 1 cm dilated, 80% effaced and the baby is in -1 station. So what does this mean? As the doctor put it, "She is knocking at your door." So I am unoffically on bed rest. He said to stay off my feet, no houswork, no lifting Emily and no exercise. Since I am only 34 weeks he would like to put off labor for at least 2 weeks. I am really trying to obey his orders since I want a healthy baby, but I am already getting bored and uncomfortable. Andy came home for a long lunch and took care of getting Emily fed and down for her nap. And my mom is packing her bags to come up here for the rest of the week. So I really should be able to just take it easy. For those of you that don't know, Emily came 2 weeks early and really fast, like 2 hours fast. So having my mom here will really ease my mind about somone watching Emily while Andy and I get to the hospital...quick. Say a little prayer that baby Sarah won't come until she is big and healthy!

5 comments:

Carolina Chocolate said...

Wow...this is exciting! Of course we hope things will go smoothly and that she'll take a little more time than Emily, but this is exciting. Enjoy the lounging. ;)

Erin Marriott said...

Oh Suzanne!! That is crazy!! What can I do to help you? I just happened to click on your blog today for the first time (I saw it on Lindsay's blog) and I'm glad I did...looks like you made Emiliy's birthday so special! She is such a doll. I feel so bad for you, just think, it's only temporary and that little bundle of pink will be here in no time! I'll have to call you and see if we can bring dinner or something. Please let us know if you need anything.

leah said...

oh dear. that's not fun!!!
i better be greeted with a new post from you each and every day. you and your laptop will be "connected at the fingertips" for a couple weeks, huh!? :)

prayers headed your way... and some ~*~*~*~*stay put baby girl~*~*~*~* vibes too. :)

Meredith said...

Allison was at 36 weeks gestation when Arden was born. Her baby was just fine. I guess your little one is just eager to join the family haha!

Meredith said...

I was born in only 5 hours, but I guess Emily beat me by 3 hours lol!