Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Baby Sarah

It is amazing Sarah is sleeping... on something other than me!

Lately Sarah will only fall asleep while I am holding her. And then of course she wakes up as soon as I put her down in the bassinet. So out of desperation for sleep, I just put her in bed next to me. Which is fine until I wake up sandwiched between Andy and Sarah and can't move. This is also creating problems for nap time. Her naps are usually in the car sear or the front pack while we are running errands. However if we don't go anywhere--- no nap until 3:30 when she passes out from exhaustion. So now I am checking out all kinds of books and reading up on the Internet trying to figure out how I can get her to fall asleep on her own... in her own bed. Because until I figure something out, I know she is just getting accustomed to falling asleep on Mama.

Other than all that, she is a sweet baby. She has started smiling, so hopefully I can get some pictures of it. We go to the doctor on Tuesday so I will find out how much she weighs. I swear, she is already 20 lbs. :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

THough not asked for, and I never followed it to a t, I swear by "BabyWise". My kids from week two went to sleep alone and while awake. This particular philosophy is all about the sleep/wake/eat cycle...and i think she is still young enough that you can train her without TOO much pain! Check it out if you can!
Laura

Carolina Chocolate said...

Oh my goodness, I completely agree. We did Babywise (not to a T either, but close) and it was heaven. All my friends recommended it and I'm so glad they did. From birth, all our kids began a schedule. They started sleeping through the night at 6 wks! We've had great success with it. We also got several good ideas from Babywise Toddler. Good Luck!!

Jen said...

I love those chubby cheeks! I've never even heard of babywise and I've got 3 kids, where have I been?!