Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas!!!

I am feeling very slack about not posting about Christmas yet, since my sister Christine has already posted about her Christmas, and she takes weeks to post! (love you Steen)
So here it is...

On Christmas Eve our old neighbors stop by for lunch. We invited our other neighbors over too and had a fun time catching up and seeing the kids play. We sure miss you guys!



















Christmas Eve continued with our 3rd annual tradition of having my mom and Larry over.

We had a yummy ham dinner...












danced to Christmas songs...















snuggled with baby Sarah...














read the Christmas story...














and worked on Emily's present until the wee hours of the morning!















So Christmas morning was the big reveal of Emily's dollhouse that Andy (with some help from Larry and his tools) has been working on for weeks. It was a hit! Emily loves it (and so do I) and we play with it all day.


































Sarah got a Bumbo seat!




























After opening presents and breakfast, we headed down to Andy's brother's house to have Christmas with the Morris'. There was lots of yummy food and even more presents. We didn't get too many pictures except these two. Emily got a rocking horse that she loves to ride!




















This is all for now, but I still have 2 MORE Christmas celebrations to write about! And will try to post more pics of the doll house with all the detail work done and

7 comments:

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Come on, Suzanne, snap to it! We Want More!We Want More!We Want More!...:) Looks like you guys had a great Holiday. I hope the season isn't ruined for you guys when Wake beats UNC this weekend:)

Tom and Jane Schell said...

P.S. The above was written by the "Tom" in "Tom and Jane Schell"... Just so you didn't think it was sweet Jane trying to talk smack!

Carolina Chocolate said...

Hey, I'm right there with you Suzanne. I'm just getting to Christmas posts. Looks like a fun holiday. Emily is looking older and Sarah sure is getting chunky. Andy and a dollhouse...that made me smile.

Oh, and the Wake vs UNC is a tough one. I've always been fond of Wake, but we're a UNC household. We'll pull for them, but sometimes I'll cheer for Wake just to make it interesting. ;)

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Of course they know when I write, honey. I'm always so sweet. Looks like a fun Christmas. I love the doll house. Seems like it was a great buy. Wonder why I haven't thought of that before? With 2 girls you'd think we might have one by now.

Suzanne said...

You two are funny... I know Jane is the sweet one.

Jane- We didn't buy the doll house. Andy designed and built it himself. I am sure he can build one for your girls too and drive it up there when we come visit. Do you think they will still want it when they are 16??! I promise we will get there one day!

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Sorry to hijack your blog, Suzanne!:)... Andy, that is impressive--Did I ever tell you you're my hero?... You truly are everything I wish I could be, if I could fly higher than... oh wait, nevermind:)

Tom

Christine said...

Yes, you are slack -- my wife has way more on her hands and still got her post out in a timely manner. I am willing to overlook all of this since you referred to her as "Steen" -- keep spreading the word. Nice work on the doll house Andy.
Peace,Todd