Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lowes Food Tour

Friday we went on a tour of Lowes Food grocery store with our joy school group. They talked about heathly snacks and smart eating. Ironically, Emily was asking me for a "pop pop" (lollipop) the whole time because that is what I give her while I am grocery shopping. It was a really cute tour and they had healthy snacks for them in the different departments. Then they got to go in the freezer in the back of the store that was 10 degrees below zero. Brrrr!




Obviously Emily was used to getting so many snacks on the tour, that she thought she was supposed to eat the sign too! Gross!

Thanks Erin for setting up all these fun tours. We look forward to them!

2 comments:

Carolina Chocolate said...

Oh, how fun! I took my first graders on that tour one year and we loved it. Making a trail mix in the cracker aisle caused great excitement, but the freezer, of course, was the highlight of the trip. I had 23 kids, and 4 parents back there...kids screaming and jumping around, adults laughing hysterically. I'm glad you guys had fun too!

Jen said...

How fun! That's one that we'll have to try out here!