Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SNOW

Even though I had my doubts about the predictions... it snowed! I think we got about 6 inches. I showed Emily the snow when she woke up and she said "Snowman. Santa." I had to explain that Santa wasn't coming again, but we could build a snowman. I kept waiting for the snow to stop coming down before we went out. I am glad I waited because Andy called to say his branch was closing at 2 pm, so he came home to play with us in the snow. I had to get creative for Emily's snow clothes, she was wearing 4 layers, but she lasted a lot longer than I thought she would and LOVED it. She didn't like walking in it and just wanted to sit there and throw it, which was fine by me. And we made a baby snowman.

We went picture crazy...









































































































And of course, we had to document Sarah's first snow. She made out to the front porch for about 3 seconds.

















7 comments:

Ashley said...

You got a ton of snow! I can't believe we didn't get any of that storm.

Love the EFHS sweatshirt!

Christine said...

Ohh! How fun!

I LOVE Sarah's outfit - I can't believe my baby girls used to fit in it!

Ty KT Family said...

I love the snowman. He is the perfect size. Although I think my kids would have eaten his eyes.

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Wow...I can't believe you got that much snow in NC! Reili is always saying that we need to move somewhere where it snows so she can play in it. Maybe we should move to NC? Looks like you had a lot of fun together, as usual.

Kathryn Palmer said...

Looks like you guys enjoyed the snow just as much as we did. A snow day is more fun with little ones:)
I heard about marbles and would like to take Joseph there. Maybe we can meet up there one day.
It was fun to see you and Andy at the reception.

Sarah said...

I l-o-v-e all the snow pictures...and Emily's little hat is perfect! Y'all are so cute.

Jen said...

The snowman is very cute. I love those eyes. They kinda look like mine on a daily basis.