Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tea Party

I hadn't planned on throwing Emily a birthday party this year. We were just going to do a small family thing, but I couldn't say "NO" when she sweetly asked if her friends could come over for her birthday.
She didn't like the idea of a Halloween birthday party, but was very excited about a TEA PARTY! I saw a cute tea party here and thougth it was adorable and just her style.

I was really proud of my banner and pom poms.


My mom came up with her car loaded with tea party decorations. She even changed the picture in my dining room because she had one with tea cups. She found a beautiful silver teapot set (centerpiece) at Goodwill.



When the guests arrived, they made necklaces. Then they got ready for the tea party with some feather boas, gloves and earrings.


We even convinced Logan to dress up! :)


We went outside to get the cute photos of the kids. The girls were so silly.

Blowing kisses!
Hugs!

And then they toppled over and thought it was hilarious!
So they did it again... and again!
We went inside for a few games of "Pass the Tea Pot" and "Duck, Duck, Goose"
I tried to put Sarah down for a nap right before the tea party, so we wouldn't have to keep an eye on her. However she knew there was going to be some fun going on without her and she wasn't happy about that. So we got her up and let her enjoy the party. She was quite a HOOT. She wanted to do everything the big girls were doing. During the game, when the tea pot came to her, she started to drink from it instead of passing it. The girls thought this was hilarious and all started doing it.  It was so cute to hear all the giggles!
After the games, Queen Nana read "Tea for Ruby"

 Time for the TEA PARTY!!!

Presents!


Cupcakes!



Don't you love Emily in the background of Sarah eating her cupcake. Pretty sure, there was a melt down! But it was her party, so I guess she can cry if she wants to!

 
Happy Birthday Princess!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What a cute party. you did a fabulous job.

dawkinsfam said...

So cute!

Carolina Chocolate said...

SO. STINKIN. CUTE!!! I LOVE IT! You guys did a fabulous job!

Christine said...

SOOO cute...wish we lived closer. I also wish "Queen Nana" lived near me!!!